Verify Prunable Message
Verify that a prunable message obtained from any source, when hashed, matches the hash of the original prunable message.
Request: Refer to Send Message for more details about the following request parameters.
- requestType is verifyPrunableMessage
- message is the plain message, if applicable (optional)
- messageIsText is false if the provided plain message is a hex string (optional)
- encryptedMessageData is the data part of the encrypted data-nonce pair (optional if message provided)
- encryptedMessageNonce is the nonce part of the encrypted data-nonce pair (required if encryptedMessageData provided)
- messageToEncryptIsText is false if the encrypted message was a hex string before encryption (optional)
- compressMessageToEncrypt is false if the encrypted message was not compressed before encryption (optional)
- requireBlock is the block ID of a block that must be present in the blockchain during execution (optional)
- requireLastBlock is the block ID of a block that must be last in the blockchain during execution (optional)
Note: The hash is computed from the message itself plus its associated flag(s) isText and isCompressed (encrypted only); therefore the flag(s) must be provided for verification if different from the default(s). The original encryptedMessageData-encryptedMessageNonce pair used to compute the original hash must be provided again to recompute the hash for verification of a prunable encrypted message.
- version.PrunablePlainMessage or version.PrunableEncryptedMessage (N) is 1, the version number
- verify (B) is true if the original hash matches the hash computed from the provided values
- message (S) or encryptedMessage (O) is the prunable plain message or the prunable encrypted message object containing the fields:
- data (S)
- nonce (B)
- isText (B)
- isCompressed (B)
- messageIsText (B) is true if the plain message is text, false if it is a hex string, if applicable
- messageHash or encryptedMessageHash (S) is the hash
- lastBlock (S) is the last block ID on the blockchain (applies if requireBlock is provided but not requireLastBlock)
- requestProcessingTime (N) is the API request processing time (in millsec)